Biking runs in my family. My father used to ride his motorcycle all the time, and when I was old enough, I would ride my dirt bike through the woods and even compete in motocross on occasion.
Now that I’m older and have kids of my own, the biking spirit has taken a hold of my oldest daughter, and she wants to start riding by herself.
She’s still a teenager, but I think that as long as she rides safe and has the best gear, she’ll do alright. That’s why we chose the Pink Butterfly Full Face Motorcycle Helmet from IV2. This versatile and durable helmet is both stylish and functional, which my daughter loves.
Today I’ll be talking to you about the different factors you should consider when buying a helmet, as well as show you the benefits of the Butterfly Helmet.
Considerations When Choosing a Helmet
Depending on the kind of riding you’ll be doing, you need a helmet that fits your needs. Here are the primary factors you should consider when buying the right motorcycle helmet.
To ensure that the helmet will work properly, you need to make sure that it fits snugly and comfortably on your head. Sometimes you can adjust the fit with the interior pads, but you should make sure that the shape of the helmet itself is right for your head. Too large and it will fly off in a collision. Too small and it will be very uncomfortable and hot as you ride.
There are many different kinds of motorcycle helmet out there. Here are the top models from which to choose.
- Half-helmet: this model covers the top and sides of your head
- Open-faced: this model is the same as a half helmet, except it covers the back of your head too and can come with a visor
- Full-Face: this helmet is ideal for anyone who rides on the freeway since it covers your whole head
- Modular: with the flip of the front, you can switch the helmet from a full-face version to an open-face model.
- Racing: if you ride competitively, you’ll need a racing helmet. These models are designed to give you more room to breathe as well as work with goggles instead of using a visor
In the US, all helmets must be tested by the Department of Transportation for safety. However, if you want the best rating, then you want SNELL rated products. SNELL is an independent organization that performs rigorous tests on motorcycle helmets. If you get a helmet rated by SNELL, you know it’s durable and built to last.
Pros of the Matte White Pink Butterfly Motorcycle Helmet
- Lightweight design
- Durable construction
- Colorful and attractive design
- Removable face shield
- Comfortable padding
- Pads are removable for easy cleaning
- Air vents keep you cool
- Reduced noise
- Liner absorbs sweat as you ride
- Chin straps for extra security
- High safety rating
- Many sizes available
Cons of the Matte White Pink Butterfly Motorcycle Helmet
- Can be loud at times
- Helmet size is a little bulky, so you may need to get a size lower than you’re used to
- Pads are not as thick as on other models
- In rare cases, the visor may pop off or crack with little pressure
Features of the Matte White Pink Butterfly Motorcycle Helmet
Matte White Pink Butterfly helmet
Lightweight design is only four poundsCheck on Amazon
- Lightweight design is only four pounds
- Composite material on the outside makes this helmet much more sturdy
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam is impact-resistant
- Colorful design makes this helmet much more attractive
- Air vents are strategically placed for maximum airflow
- Pads are removable for cleaning
- Interior liner keeps you cool
- Chin strap keeps you secure
- DOT certified
- Six size options available
FAQs about Matte White Pink Butterfly Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
Will this helmet fit on a child?
If you get the smallest size, it should fit a child. However, the extra small is rated for heads sized 20-21 inches, so make sure to measure your kid’s head before purchasing.
Does it come with a tinted visor or do you have to get that separately?
The standard helmet comes with a clear visor, but you can easily upgrade to tinted at a low cost.
Does this helmet come with a carrying bag?
Yes, it does.
Since my daughter started riding, she loves Matte White Pink Butterfly Motorcycle Helmet. She liked the design and color of it, but after her first few outings, she says that it’s way more comfortable than any other helmet she’s worn.
She likes the feel, weight, and comfort of this helmet, and I think that she’ll enjoy it for years to come.